Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Alive


You know, I have no excuse for not posting lately.

I've had lots of time, I've been dealing with lots of stuff, I've been experiencing a lot, and I miss everyone. I have NO excuse. Still, I don't do it and I don't know why.

I think I'm trying to wrap my head around leaving in less than a month, which is no small task. I'm anticipating a harsh readjustment period.

I'm also trying to prepare for the next few weeks of class in which I'll have to write three rather large papers and do two massive presentations. Yay!

Still trying to pin down this summer.

Prepping for my parents' visit to Greece in two weeks.

Currently, I'm in the Peloponnese (Nafplia, to be exact) and having a grand ole time putting off the real world. We're visiting ancient sites (Mycenae, Corinth, Sparta, etc) and more modern stuff (Venetian castles and beaches), so I'm enjoying myself.

Still, it's hard to shake the anxiety of the coming weeks. There's a lot to try and deal with, and I'm trying to handle it one day at a time. Blah. Too much to think about, do, fix, sign up for, etc. I'm not a fan of growing up sometimes.

I think all of this is making me feel a heightened state of anxiety and loneliness, but not depression. It's just the realization that there's a lot on my plate and I feel like I'm facing it all on my own.

So I'll do my best to keep everyone updated over the next few weeks, but don't expect too much out of me. I love you all and appreciate your comments and emails still, I just feel like the blog is a bit much for me at the moment.

1 comment:

Mozart said...

http://vipulsolanki.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/this-is-sparta.jpg

^ Gotcha. I should probably add something substantial to make this comment philosophical and heartening, huh? Too bad I seem to feel a bit of the same way myself, as do several of the people I happened to talk to on campus today. I blame the nasty Missouri weather for our hopeless pessimism--that, and it's scheduling time, and no one wants to think about planning for the scary scary future...