Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Zombies!


I have dreams about zombies usually around once a week. This has happened for a few years now, and I'm not really sure why. It's interesting, and last night I had another one. I'll explain this one to you, since it's pretty typical of my zombie dreams, though they vary greatly in content.

Last night my family and I were back at our house in the Lake, which is where my mind still calls "home," even though we moved. There was a zombie outbreak, and all the zombies were at our front door, forcing my family and I to barricade ourselves in our living room. There was a random guy in our house with us who was causing issue. I can't quite recall what he was doing, but I remember being unsafe around him like he wanted to let the zombies in or something. Anyway, he was incredibly unruly, and we were forced to kill him (not the most viable option when using rational thought, but I was sleeping. Cut me some slack). I had a shotgun, and I shot this guy repeatedly in the face, but it didn't seem to be doing any damage whatsoever. On the final shot, it looked like he had a wound from a BB gun in his forehead, and he finally keeled over and died. That left my family and I alone in the room again, poised and ready to fight off the zombies.

That's pretty much it. It's always me and my family or close friends cornered and ready to fight the zombies. I'm never alone. When I think back on it, I'm never really terrified of the zombies, so I can't really call them nightmares. They're just an impending danger we have to get ready for. It feels more like a courageous thing, like I'm ready to fight to the death or take on a seemingly impossible challenge, but never purely scared.

I have no idea what the zombies signify, or why I'm always dreaming about them, but it seems to me that since the dreams are reoccurring the zombies obviously mean something. It's been going on for years now, so it couldn't just be coincidence. I figured maybe I'd put it up here for people to comment on and maybe give me some guidance on why my family is always fighting the undead with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zombie (dream definitino)

Someone who is not "alive" emotionally—not in touch with their humanity, compassion, feelings, etc.

A threatening zombie (monster-like) can represent your subconscious fears.

Dreaming that a zombie is after you can mean you feel or fear that someone is threatening you in real life—emotionally, mentally, or physically...

http://www.mydreamvisions.com/dreamdictionary/symbol.php?DreamMeaningID=1096

the fly said...

hey marko,
is it possible that you've seen a few too many zombie movies, and they really don't mean anything?
i have a recurring dream about sex, and i can assure it has no meaning in my current life.

the fly said...

and furthermore, i am impressed with what a deep thinker you have become. must take after your momma...