Saturday, February 24, 2007

St. Augustine

It's interesting how we love doing things we're not forced to do, but once it becomes mandatory it is no longer fun. I absolutely love debating and discussing theology and its intricacies, but my History of Philosophy II course has made it not fun. I'm currently working on a 10-12 page paper about St. Augustine's battle with the free will and the nature of evil, and it feels like pulling teeth to me. The question is, "What is the problem of evil, and how does Augustine try to solve it? How satisfying is his resolution? Identify and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of his view."

Don't get me wrong, I can do it. I should have do it a while ago since I just now started it and it's due Monday, but I have no problem coming up with information and putting together a logically sound and well synthesized paper, I just don't want to. To me it is interesting how I put things off and put things off. I worry about it a lot beforehand and it really isn't that bad when I actually do it. It's been on my mind all week and I've dreaded it. I'm lazy. I have to push myself to do things I should do on my own. I wonder if everyone is like that or just me.

No comments: